A NALTO® membership offers you and your organization access to information unique to the locum tenens industry:
- Medical malpractice insurance and risk management
- Public relations
- Shared marketing resources
- Federal and state legislative issues
- Ethics and arbitration guidelines
- Credentialing standards
- Standards of practice
In order to be considered as a NALTO® company member, your organization must meet the following criteria:
- You are the direct liaison between the Physician Candidate and Client Practice, including scheduling and physician credentialing which reflects NALTO® credentialing standards
- You pay the physicians directly
- You provide malpractice insurance for physician candidate
- You have a contract agreement directly with both the physician and the client for performance standards
- You contract with physicians on an Independent Contractor status basis only
NALTO® company members also agree to abide by the minimum standards for verifying credentials of the physicians they choose to represent, including:
- Provider’s original CV
- Your companies completed and signed application(s)
- References (a minimum of three opinions), in the provider’s specialty area (preferred) who can attest to the provider’s clinical skills, rapport with patients and co-workers and professional past.
- References should be able to attest that they have worked with the provider within the last two years.
- Verifications of all State License(s) and Controlled Substance permit(s)/certificate(s) in which the provider will be working. Verification of each license/CDS certificate (if applicable) prior to provider working in said state.
- Verification of DEA Certificate, if applicable
- Verification of Board Certification (ABMS, AOA) or highest level of Training/Education in provider’s primary practicing specialty
- Explanation of Malpractice history from Provider. Explanation in the form of a written narrative including judgment, settlement amount, allegations and dates of incident and settlement.
- Supporting documents (may include, but not limited to the Medical School Diploma, Internship, Certificate, Residency Certificate(s), Board Certification(s), Documentation of Scores and other miscellaneous documentation, if available).
If you are interested in applying your company for membership with NALTO®, please carefully read the NALTO®code of ethics and standards of practice, complete the member active application, member affiliate application or vendor application in its entirety and return it to the NALTO® office.